Singapore Statutes Online
Singapore Statutes Online is a free service provided by the Legislation Division of the Attorney-General’s Chambers and provides information on Singapore legislation. It contains the following:
- Current legislation;
- Historical versions of legislation;
- Revised editions of legislation;
- Legislation and Bills as published in the Acts, Subsidiary Legislation and Bills Supplements of the Singapore Government Gazette;
- Repealed/revoked/spent legislation.
LawNet, a service of the Singapore Academy of Law, provides a complete suite of information for legal research.
Users can conduct research on Singapore primary legal materials (Singapore Law Reports, unreported judgments and legislation) and secondary materials (such as Parliamentary reports, legal news, textbooks and journals).
LawNet also provides access to content from other common law jurisdictions such as:
- English case law (the Weekly Law Reports and the Law Reports)
- Malaysian case law (Malayan Law Journal)
- Indian case law (Supreme Court Cases)
and offers the convenience of integrated access to primary and secondary legal material from:
- Australasian Legal Information Institute (AustLII)
- Hong Kong Legal Information Institute (HKLII)
A premium content section provides subscribers with specialised material for their legal practice. LawNet Premium includes:
- Academy Publishing titles
- CLJ Law
- JustCite (a legal citator service)
- Singapore Press Holdings’ Newslink (SPH Newslink)
- State Courts’ Sentencing Information & Research Repository (SIR)
- Supreme Court’s Taxation database
Singapore Law Watch
To subscribe to the latest legal news, commentaries, judgements and other legal research materials, please refer to Singapore Law Watch, a daily news syndication site from the Singapore Academy of Law.
It offers free daily legal news service for the law community in Singapore and abroad and presents a publicly-accessible collection of Singapore court judgments going back to the year 2000.
Singapore Law Watch’s legal editors monitor more than 30 sources to compile a website and a daily email service, which currently have over 9,000 daily email subscribers.